Famous Food of Pakistan – An Overview
Making and eating food is a big art. George Bernard Shaw said that there is no sincere love other than the love of food. Every country and city has a different style of food’s taste, color, look, recipes, etc. Today We Discuss Pakistan Famous Food with Cities.
World-famous Pakistani foods related to cities are the blend of different regional cooking traditions of the Indian subcontinent, selected elements from Mughal legacy and central Asia. The arrival of Islam within the Indian subcontinent influenced the local dishes to a great extent as well.
Various famous cities of Pakistan contain their peculiar taste, and flavorful appealing look. kpk traditional food is most demanding. Karachi city is famius for its Biryani, which is Pakistani traditional food and serve with love in several festivals.
Particularly Pakistani people give preference to hot and spicy foods. Sweet dishes are also very appealing to them. Foreigners belonging to different countries, appreciate and call Pakistani food the yummy one.
Pakistan Cities With Pakistani Dishes Name
Let’s have look at various mouthwatering foods belongs to different cities of Pakistan.
Most Wanted food in Karachi:
- Karachi Biryani looks so inviting and mouthwatering that it is hard to stay away from this awesome dish. Its main ingredients are Chicken, Rice, Yogurt, Zarda / Orange Food Color, Tomato, Green Chili, Lemon, special biryani masala, etc. It is spicy, juicy, sour, and salty in taste.
- Karachi Haleem includes wheat or barley, meat, sometimes lentils, special masala and is served with Naan or Paratha. Haleem was introduced to the region during the Mughal period by foreign migrants. It is also a traditional food of Pakistan. People like to send it in neighburs on different occassions.
It tastes is alluring and yummy. Many hotels and restaurants receive many clients daily by offering only this specific dish.
Most wanted food in Lahore:
- Lahori Paye, yes the first and foremost dish that prevails in the mind. Its luscious fragrance and taste compel Lahories a lot. With the right amount of spices, paired with Nan roti, Paye is the perfect dish for breakfast and dinner.
- Halwa Puri is puri with salty, sour juice, and sweet Halwa. All together this food makes Lahore city to get up early and rush to have it for breakfast.
Peshawar Famous Food:
- Chapli Kabab, the barbecue and street food throughout KPK is one of the best dishes which is famous not only in Peshawar but in all Pakistan.
- Minced Meat, Mutton Fat, Crushed Pomegranate, Solid Pomegranate, Eggs, Tomatoes, etc when mixed together, this awesome and mouthwatering dish appeals to all taste lovers.
- Kabuli Pulao is another kpk famous food, and considered the national dish of Afghanistan, with a variety of pilaf, consisting of steamed rice mixed with raisins, carrots, and lamb.
Most wanted food in Quetta:
- Khadda Kebab is a unique and time taking dish but superb in taste at the same time. A whole lamp is gutted and stuffed with rice, dry fruits and spices and then roasted by burying it underground over coals.
- Rosh is a big chunk of meat, cooked under pressure in animal fat for several hours with secret ingredients and spices; particularly salt and black pepper.
There are many other meal which are among the trending foods of Pakistan. Some of them are,
Tikka, Nihari, Kofta, Gajr Ka halwa, Pulao, Ras malai, Reshmi Kebab, Kulcha, Kheer, etc. Food of Pakistan is world-famous for its different spices, an outsider initially considers these spices a little hotter for themselves and these foods are a source of great enjoyment.
Don't miss our Article on Fashion Industry in Pakistan.