Today we complete Discuss Pakistan an Agricultural Country with Facts and Figures and how Pakistan take Advantage from this. Well said by George Washington, “Agriculture is the most healthful, most useful and most noble employment of man”.
Agricultural based country cannot be poor if its management in this respect is highly well planned. Luckily Pakistan is one of such countries that are blessed with treasure produced by agriculture.
Particularly in the province of Punjab Agriculture is the biggest profession adopted by people of Punjab.
Pakistan an Agricultural with Facts and Figures
Some worthy and notable Point Pakistan an Agricultural Country with Facts and Figures is given below.
- Its significance can be recognized by knowing that Pakistan’s 70% of its population is directly or indirectly dependent on agriculture.
- Wheat is the largest food crop in Pakistan. In 2012 in the agricultural field, Pakistan harvested more than 25 to 23 million tons of wheat.
- 21,591,400 metric tons of wheat was produced by Pakistan in 2015 which was more than all of Africa (20,304,585 metric tons) and nearly as much as all of South America (24,557,784 metric tons).
- The main Agricultural exports of Pakistan are rice, cotton, fruits (especially Oranges and Mangoes), and vegetables.
- The imports include vegetable oil, wheat, pulses, and consumer foods but when faces drought it had to import even wheat many times.
- Pakistan is lucky enough that it is Asia’s largest camel market, second-largest apricot, and ghee market and third-largest cotton, onion, and milk market.
- Before 1990 the agricultural condition in Pakistan was not so well developed. But after taking some fruitful steps by the government of Pakistan, real growth in the agricultural sector averaged 5.7% from 1993 to 1997 was seen but has since declined to about 4%.
- According to the fact and figures provided by the Agriculture Department of Hangu, 20% of fields of Pakistan is watered by irrigation channels or tube wells and about 80% plains depend on rainwater.
- Out of nineteen union councils, 40% fields of two union councils Naryab and Tora Wari are irrigated by water conserves.
- With India and Afghanistan, Pakistan has a valuable import and export relationship. Particularly onion and potatoes are highly used for the purpose.